Sunday, November 22, 2009

Love means never having to say you're sorry

Hmmm... It's been very long time since i completely indulged myself into a good book... I had only been a bathroom reader these days....

Great poet Mahakavi once said,

காலை எழுந்தவுடன் படிப்பு
பின்பு கனிவு கொடுக்கும் நல்ல பாட்டு
மாலை முழுதும் விளையாட்டு
என பழக்க படுத்தி கொள்ள பாப்பா

And am following this earnestly... Yes... As soon as i wake up, I search for the book kept near my bed, go to the bathroom, switch on the FM player in the bathroom and enjoy both the book and the music while attending nature's call.... And hell yes... Still am spending my evenings in gym....
But am not able to enjoy the continuity of any book because of this interrupted reading... Last Sunday (15th Nov 2009) I badly wanted to read a book at one stretch... But I couldn't go out to get a new book since it was raining like hell... One of my roommates has got few books...

Before continuing this, I must tell something about that sloth... He and I have a common taste when it comes to Movies and Books... Just these two I guess... But he's the lazzzzzzziest guy in our room who really find it difficult to make up his own bed when he wakes up... Hmmmm... May be the second laziest guy... He got a forerunner (obviously not me)... But he's good at one thing as far as am concerned... He's good at finding the download source for the movies... Just name the movie... He'll download the best print one can ever find... :-) Thanks for all his efforts without which I couldn't have watched most of the movies... And yes.... Thanks in advance for the upcoming downloads... :-)

Oh yes... Till now I could only find little relation between the topic and the content.... K fine... Let me come to the point... Where was I??? Yes... He got chetan Baghat's new venture "2 states"... I've always loved chetan's works and i know it for sure this book won't be boring.... He was reading the last part... In the mean time i thought of reading some other book... I badly needed to quench my reading urge.... I checked the mini library (may be around 30 to 40 books, i should have used the word micro mini library!!!) in our home... There I found "Love Story" by Erich Segal... It's the smallest book (less # of pages) there and that was the real reason why I chose to read that book in first place... I read one of the reviews in the back cover.... It read "This is for those Who were in luv, who are in luv, who will be in luv"... I got 2 out of 3 (am not gonna tell which 2)... So obviously I got to read this...

The very first line itself stole me.... When am reading the book I could feel some kinda similarity between this novel and Alaipayuthey movie... I guess Maniratnam has beautifully crafted this story to fit perfectly for Indian audiences... One could taste romance in each and every dialogue between Oliver and Jenny (the couples)... One could feel the joy and pain of love more than they actually need.... Hmmm... It may seem like am exaggerating things here... May be am... But one should really read this book once to feel the real color of love... I just can't get my eye out of the book in the last ten pages... No words to describe it actually... Oh yes... The topic of this post is none other than the tag line of this novel...

Then I googled to get details about this book and found that paramount pictures actually made a movie with the same title... Hurray... Downloaded it and watched it without any second thought... As usual the screen version is bit shorter than the paper version, but i loved the chemistry between the couples...

Generally when we are madly after something/someone we will be forced to get more details about the same and we wanted to remain in the same feeling for sometime.... That happened to me in this case... After I read that book, I couldn't stop myself to go and read another love story... Then i started with "2 states"... That's also a nice love story to read... The gist given in the back cover of the book simply tells you the entire story... But my quest for love stories didn't stop after this...

The next day I visited landmark in my office and got another book... "Those small lil things in love and life" by Rahul Saini... Oh yes... That's not up to the level I expected... Now I've started with my 4th novel in love genre... "Nothing for you my dear, Still I love u" by Arpit Dugar.... Les see where this's gonna take me....

No comments:

Post a Comment