Monday, May 10, 2010

Motorcycle(s) and Me...

Like any other guys, I always loved riding motor cycles... Right from my teenage, riding bikes has become my passion... I guess, the motorcycle am owning now is hmmm 1,2,...... Yes 7th one... And I can proudly say that this is 'My motorcycle'... Cos I bought it with my own money and not my parents' :-)... And I bought it on a very special day... 1st September 2005... The day which will always be close to my heart for some other special reason... And that's the reason why I don wanna sell it... Hell yeah... Am an emotional idiot... :-(

And I always wanted to own some kinda hi-fi sports bike... Honda CBR, Yamaha R1, Suzuki Hayabusa... He he he... At that time it was too much for a fresh grad who was just outta his college... So I decided something... Let's get a Honda 150 CC motorcycle and remodel it to look like Honda CBR... That's much easier... As simple as this huh... But my dad... He didn't allow me to do that... He's a kinda person who maintains his car more than anything else... Daily he used to clean his car for at least 20 min... I still remember, when I was a kid (still am :-)), he used to love his Yezdi MC... I too loved it...

Me: Please pa... Let me remodel my MC...
Dad: Hell no... It's looking good now and u'll screw the looks as well as the performance... No way...
Me: Please pa... You'll really love the new looks and I've already enquired the price...
Dad: No way son..
Me: This is my bike and I'll do it... And that's why I bought it with my own money...
Dad: U won't listen... At least wait for a year... Service it regularly and maintain properly... U can remodel it at the end of first year...

That's what I was waiting for... He thought that I'll forget it after 1 year... But me huh.... No way... Exactly after 1 year I did it... I didn't even inform my parents... Well... I actually loved it... Though it's bit difficult to ride and it's heavier... I loved it... I had a pinch of pride when someone asked me about my bike... Hell yeah.. That's my bike...

But my mindset had a shift 3 weeks b4.... It's all cos of a small accident... This is my second bike accident... In the first one, I narrowly escaped w/o even a small scratch... That happened in hmmmm,... 2001... My god... It was b4 9 years...... Actually my friend and I were coming back from entrance exam coaching and a car passed us... And that irritated me and I overtook it with my Samurai (The bike with no problem!!!)... But I didn't notice a speed breaker and applied the break and the car hit us... My friend who was a pillion rider flew from the bike and fell down and I still dunno how I escaped without a minor scratch... Thank God...

And this time... After 9 years... 14th or 15th April 2010... It was dark... And I didn't wear my helmet... I wasn't racing... Jus a normal speed of 50 kmh... Suddenly I realized that there was a barricade in front of me... Lotsa gravels.... And some large stones in front of the barricade...
Hell no... I applied both the breaks and that's the last thing i remember... The next few seconds were completely outta my control...

I can feel that am falling down...
I can feel that am trying to save me w/o getting hurt but in vain...
I can feel that my ankle failed to balance...
I can feel that my leg, hand and face are getting hurt...

But I can't do anything.... Everything is happening outta my control...

Myriad of thoughts went thru my mind in that jiffy....

Will I see my family again???
BANG...........

I still have some pending duties... Will I complete it???
BANG...........

Shit... I didn't tell her that I still love her...
BANG...........

Will I see my friends again???
BANG...........

Will my dream come true???
BANG...........

Or will I become Anbesivam Nalla???
BANG...........

Cos me and by bro were avid fan of Kamal and we were discussing Anbe sivam the day before this incident and that's why... :-)

I made a promise that I will write a post on this incident if am alive... Thank god... And am here... Am writing it...

A guy came to help me and lifted me... The first question I asked him...

Howz my face??? Is it hurt more??? (Chummave namma muham oru mathiri than irukkum.. Ithula ithu veraya???)

He convinced me and gave water to clean the wounds... I couldn't walk properly and somehow cleaned my wound... I checked for any head injury... No blood from head... Thank god... Nothing happened to my eye... Even if a tiny gravel hit my eye, I would be sitting here as a blind guy... Thank god again... Nothing happened...
He's one such a noble guy... Thanks a lot man... I didn't even get his name...

Then I thought I could manage and started my MC... Oops... Jus 2 min,.. I could see that the world in front of me is darkening and am feeling sleepy... Hell... Am fainting... Stopped my MC, got down and laid down on the pavement... Didn't know that am lying near a gutter... No way... After sometime again I started to ride... No way... I couldn't... Stopped again... I haven't got the guts to inform my parents... They'll feel bad... Called my friend... He came and helped me to reach home...

That's the end of the story... And one imp thing.. All these things happened jus one week b4 my exams... Ha ha ha... And am fortunate that I've escaped w/o any major injury... No fracture, no stitches... Jus deep bruises... That's it... God's great...

And that's the end of my bike fantasy... The first thing I did was to remodel my MC back to the original form... Now am using my helmet even if I wanna go to the nearby shop... Am not crossing 70 kmh... :-)

And that's all about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment