Sunday, May 23, 2010

My first .......

I was just holding her hand. It was a nice twilight. The weather was good. I could feel the breeze that carried her scent. I could sense coolness of sea water under my feet. I was walking with her. And I could see that the horizon will never end when I walk with her. Errrrrrrrr.... I was about to open my eyes after a sound sleep. I hated myself for discontinuing the beautiful dream I had. The morning was good. None knows what's gonna happen when one wakes up. Something good, something astounding, something hilarious, may be something bad. Life is full of surprises!!! None knows how to unveil the sieve that binds the next moment secret. I just woke up. Thought the time was around 7 AM. I was too lazy to check the time. Finally decided to check my mobile. Hell!!! It was 9 AM. Someone was shouting outside my room."Raj... Don't you have to go to work today??" Common dude. You got to hurry up. The time when I had my breakfast, it was quarter to 10 AM. Took my bike and hurried to my office.

Office work was usual. Manager's annoyance, peer's doubts, client's deadline,status calls, etc... Anyone working in a service oriented corporate firm (ofcourse most of the younger generations) knows this truth. It was quotidian. And today it was more, since I missed the morning status call which happened around 9AM, the time when I was holding my imaginary girl friend's hand in an imaginary sea shore:-) Finally I was able to free myself from the routine and left the office. I reached the bike stand only to find that my bike had flat tyres. The day didn't start well in the morning and how it's gonna end in a smooth way, I thought to myself, blaming someone other than me for all these stupid things. I decided to park my bike in office and take public transport to reach my home. I went to the nearby bus stop and waited there for my bus.

It was one fucking evening. The weather was soothing. A gentle breeze that will make you to fall in love with nature. As I was enjoying this beautiful weather, multiple things were happening around the world. In a remote place of southern India, a young couple were happy to get positive report that they are gonna have a baby. In Eastlands stadium of Manchester, the entire crowd waited for the final goal. In Madison Square Garden, NY, L9 troops were getting ready for their first performance. And me. I waited in the bus stop without knowing that this moment is gonna change my life forever. I couldn't believe what I saw on that day and that will be cherished by me forever. Just opposite to the bus stop where I stood, there was another big building, something like a mall that houses various shops,offices and things like that. There came my angel. I use the word 'my' cos I decided she was mine the moment I saw her. She was wearing a blue jean, a pink short kurta and a coolers. Within a jiffy I decided that she's the one for me. Who knows who's made for whom. It all happens. Somewhere, something decides this. I couldn't get my eyes outta her. I thanked someone other than me who did all the stupid things since morning so that I could meet the love of my life. I stood there speechless, watching her. I could feel that the whole world is in front of me when I see her. Angel, Cinderella, everything seems to be an understatement when I tried to describe her. Again an interruption... A car came in front of her and a guy came outta the car and gently took her into it. Fuck. Who the hell is this? May be her bf or brother??? No. That should be her bro. She's definitely mine. Amidst all these ambivalence, I felt butterflies in my stomach when I just think about her. With all her thoughts in my heart, I went to bed.

The next day when I woke up, I felt something different. I wanted to go to the office early. Not because of the work or status call. Well... You know. Again I went to that bus stop to see her. As per my calculations, she came there exactly at the same time as the previous day. After sometime, the same car came. The same guy. I made a promise to myself, whatever may be the case, every evening exactly at the same time, I will go to that bus stop and wait for her arrival. And this continued for several days, weeks, months. I never bothered to know who she's, what she's doing in that building, who that guys is. But I continued to watch her. I did nothing other than watching her. Some of the guys are like this. They know what they are doing is not right. But they continue to do that. They never get the courage to talk to the girl they like, tell her how much they love, what they feel for her. I just realized that am jus one of them. I told my friends about all these and they insisted me to get her details and to proceed further. How could I? Days jus went by. And I never missed an evening to see her.

That day was no different from the previous day except one thing. As usual I waited for her near the bus stop and I had to go thru this, which I never imagined I would. I just tried to cross the road and talk to her for the first time.Myriad of things were going thru my mind. How am I gonna call her? What am I gonna talk to her. Nothing. I haven't prepared anything. Let it be extempore. And everything came to an end. I could feel that something is happening to me. Couldn't explain it. Am sure that, it was not good. I jus realized that I was hit by a car and am flying in mid air. I know I will be good. I will wake up the next day realizing everything happening now was a dream. I will be as good as I was before. I will go and tell her how much I love her. BANG. That was the last thing i remembered before I woke up in a strange place something like a hospital. I could see my parents, relatives, friends, around me crying. I tried to tell them that am fine but in vain. I was not able to talk. I begged god to make them feel that am good. Also I told him,no matter what happens, when am free from this shit, first thing I wanna see is to see her face, I need to watch her, for the rest of her life.There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

The next day, same bus stop, she came outta of that building and waited for her car. The same car, the same guy. But today something was different. The guy hugged her tightly and told her "Congrats sis.. Today is a special day for you. You'll never forget this day in your life'. He also told her sis that they aren't going home but to some other place. They went to the same hospital. The same hospital where Raj was admitted. Her bro talked to the doctor and came to her, held her hand and told the happy news she could ever hear. 'Sis, you don't need to attend braille classes. You don't need to wear the coolers. You got a donor. You can see the beauty of the whole world." They were waiting for this moment for years. She had a rare condition and that made her to wait this long to get a possible match. For the first time in his life, he saw the happiness in her.

She : Thanks bro... Thank you so much...
He : why to thank me??? We got to thank the donor
She : Who's that?
He : His name is Raj. He was working in the office opposite to the building where you went for your braille classes. Yesterday he met with an accident and now... Am sorry. He's no more. But he has already donated his eyes. And his family members were magnanimous enough to donate his eyes.

The surgery went well and as Raj wished, the first thing she saw when she opened her (no.. may be Raj's) eyes was her face. As Raj wished he can watch her for the rest of her life but thru her. His love for her will never stop as it's eternal.



Life is too short. None knows the next moment truth. Suddenly one day we'll wake up, realizing things are changing, they are not as we thought, our friends, loved ones growing old, things that passed us, things that can't be changed now. But somewhere, someone will be waiting for us. But we need to tell them they are important to us as we are for them. It's important to live the life to the fullest while we are alive. And yes, Mark Twain must be a legend to tell this, Twenty years from now we will be more disappointed by the things we didn't do than by the ones we did do.

Note :
This is my first work of fiction. Jus got this story line in a dream and wanted to work on it. And here am done with that after adding necessary flavors... And thanks to my sis (or should i call her my bro) who reviewed the draft version.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you narrated this... you should start doing short films and improve from there...

    ReplyDelete