Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Confession...

How do I embark on this post? Hmmmm... May be the topic is bit irrelevant to the content...

Who cares dude??? Fine.. Let me start with a question...

What am I???
A million dollar question huh...

What do I do???
WTF???

Am partially a computer programmer and partially a project manager...

The next question???
Am I doing something that adheres to the protocol of a manager or a programmer...? Who knows???

Let me think...
Programmers are the guys who actually design the system... In a nutshell, an architect of the system... But am not even close to that... So am a coder... Not a programmer.. Let's forget it...

Let's come to the next one..
Am I a project manager???
He he he... Good joke... Project management... I jus came to know that only 32% of the projects across the globe follows the protocol... The phases of project management are really difficult to incorporate... My project... That's a different story...

So let me ask this question again...
What am I???
Half baked :-)

Leave this... Am I applying something that I learnt in my college???
Before that... What did I do in my college???
Myriad of questions...

Actually I believe Engineering is more difficult than Medicine... Nor that am comparing... But IMHO, it's like this... Medical practitioners tend to recollect the things they learnt in their college days and apply it... But Engineers, they gotta recollect the things they learnt and change the dimensions of their thinking to create new ideas... Engineering is all about creating new ideas... Ideas.. The numero uno of all inventions...
But are we engineers doing that??? Let's not generalize...
Am i doing it??? Good question again...

Most of the Engineering grads from our country thinks that stepping into an IT industry is their final destination... Few grads are really proud of it.. Wearing the company tag gives them pleasure... Telling someone that they work for a software firm gives them ultimate pride...

But for me... I dunno... It doesn't.. The first thing I do as soon as I come outta my office is to remove my ID and keep it inside my pocket... I never wanted to be noted as an IT guy... Somehow I developed a feeling that it's definitely not my cup of tea... May be i wanted to be in a minuscule group... And yes.. It's not even good for the country... Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Production, Automobile, Architect, etc etc etc...Most of these Engineers finally end up in a software firm... Then why should they actually study the concepts of their core subjects..?? Simply our government can void all these courses and just promote computer science and Information Technology... Other Industries are really slumping these days... The growth in Mechanical, civil industries are not upto the mark... Actually to gain a place in a safer zone, we actually spoil other industries and just concentrating on one sector... This growth is not stable and of course it's gonna show it's effects in the near future... I will be definitely there to witness this.. :) I shouldn't blame the work which provided me a social status for the past 5 years.. But this is not the place where I belong... Somewhere I belong...

But do I search that place??? Have I identified that??? Partially Yes... I wanted to start my own firm... I wanna be a boss of myself... Also I really developed an affinity to be a part of film making... That's my passion... But do i take any steps to achieve that??? Ha ha ha... Cos of the society... May be... Am living in a safer zone and I don wanna get rid of it...

When one becomes successful??? When his passion and work are the same... This is the basic mantra of success as far as I know.. But most of us are not following it cos of various reasons...

Let me stop these complaints and get back to my work... Let's see how I take my life from here.. Hope for the best.... :)

2 comments:

  1. Finaly u became a WRITTER wow it's Un-Beliveable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sir.. ethukku sir intha post ah ezhuthuneenga?? :)

      Delete